NordVPN is one of the advanced VPN services available and seems to be more powerful and reliable to protect against the security threat across the globe. It is one of the most widely accepted VPN (Virtual Private Network) tool for online anonymity and data encryption.
NordVPN allows the user to browse the internet anonymously. Also, avoiding the spies and tracks of their original IP location.
NordVPN is completely Free, Secure, and Anonymous Online
It creates a secure connection between the computer and the internet, to guard your data and devices. Stay away from third part interruption.
With NordVPN, you send the data packets more securely to the destination path. Though we have a huge list of VPN’s around the world, NordVPN seems to be the best and powerful service provider of all. They offer a wide range of services at a minimal cost.
Join NordVPN’s network and get instant access to an encrypted tunnel that will protect you against data theft, privacy breaches, and cyber attacks over unprotected Wi-Fi.
The increase in demand has led to a wide range of services like speed, security, easy to use and supports multiple platforms.
Secure your Wi-Fi: With NordVPN, you can secure your Wi-Fi network from the public. It is good to have a VPN on your device to safeguard you against data theft, privacy breaches and cyber attack over Wi-Fi. Join NordVPN’s network and get access to an encrypted tunnel.
Access Blocked Content: If your favorite services are been blocked by a government or any internet service provider, you can access all those sites using our NordVPN. Our user has an advantage of streaming Hulu, Netflix, BBC, ITV, Sky, RaiTV, and other crystal-clear HD videos from any part of the world. Also, access other blocked social websites using NorVPN.
Privacy: NordVPN keeps watching your internal traffic from prying eyes. It is impossible to break the 2048-bit encryption that is protected by military grade. You are safe when you are connected with NordVPN, where supercomputer can’t even crack our encryption. Guess the power of our service that we deliver. Stay tuned.
We have tested out the service available on the internet to determine the efficiency of them. Once we completed analyzing the services, we realized that NordVPN is the best and fastest encryption tool to protect the privacy and security of the user data over online.
- The user can secure the internet data shared through public network by connecting to VPN products. This ensures their web activity remains private and help bypass geographic, content restriction online.
- VPN differs from proxies, which hide IP addresses but not encrypt data, therefore still exposing users to potential surveillance and hacking.
- But, this isn’t in the case of VPN provider, it creates an encrypted tunnel between user computers and host servers, giving ultra protection from various kinds of online threats.
- So enjoy experiencing the ultimate service provided by the NordVPN on the internet against the security threat.
You can expect many special features on our service and can find huge servers optimized for specific purposes that can automatically kill switch in case of connection interruption, which is a double encryption option and a DNS leak solver enable VPN service.
Why you need NordVPN?
NordVPN holds a dignified place in the heart of their users, in terms of security and privacy. They grant safe access to more than 704 servers in 54 countries. NordVPN is a Panama-based VPN which is owned by Tefincom CO. SA. It allows P2P service, service access to geo-restricted content and other reliable security feature to the users. This isn’t the end. Still, there is a lot more waiting for you. Keep going.
Table of Content
- Ultimate Killing Feature of NordVPN
- Activate Stealth Mode
- Download and Install NordVPN
- Get Started to Login
- Privacy and Security
Ultimate Killing Feature of NordVPN
- No logs
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 704 servers in 54 countries
- Automatic kill switch
- Up to 6 simultaneous connections
- P2P sharing enabled
- Tor over VPN server
- Powerful security encryption (OpenVPN, SSTP, PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, and IKEv2/IPsec protocols)
- Supports multiple operating systems including Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android and Linux
- Double data encryption for increased anonymity
- Accepts major credit cards, PayPal, Paysera, Webmoney, and Bitcoin
- Dedicated IPs available on request
- Free security extras (encrypted chat, secret notes, and a selection of proxies)
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
Activate Stealth Mode
It is unsafe to surf the web in a public network, there is a possibility to track your original IP address. To mask your IP from third parties, ISPs, governments and NSA spies. NordVPN protects your privacy and prevents others from monitoring and controlling your online communications and browsing activity.
With NordVPN, your location stays private and you can switch freely between multiple global VPN server locations.
Moreover, you got an idea about NordVPN service and their benefits. That’s it. If you wish to safeguard your privacy and security, then you must start downloading and installing NordVPN on your device.
Take a look at my tutorial section below to download and install the NordVPN application for Windows.
Download and Install NordVPN
- Once the file gets downloaded, navigate to your Downloads folder and double-click the latest.exe installation file that you have downloaded.
- Once you tap the file, a new window pops out, asking “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device“.
- If you want to permit, then click Yes.
- Then the installer window will open, click “Install” to start the process.
- It takes a time to set up the NordVPN. Once installed, you can now start processing NordVPN service on your system.
I guess, you have successfully downloaded and installed NordVPN on your system. Next, you must connect your NordVPN application to the NordVPN servers. When you try to connect for the first time, Windows may ask “Do you wish to allow NordVPN to install a TAP driver”. Click Allow if you seems to such messages on your screen.
Once you have done that,
- Enter the NordVPN credentials and click Login now.
- Now, you can see the main screen where the menu is located at the top left corner a big, round Quick Connect button and the status identifier in the top middle, a search button in the top right corner, and the map of countries you can connect to.
- If you wish to quick connect, then tap the Quick Connect button at the top of the application, which automatically connects you. This option lets you connect to the best server for you at the moment.
- Once it is connected, the country pin will be shown below the quick connect button. Also, it slides to the right side when you are connected to the best server. It also, tell your new IP address.
- You have the option to connect to the particular country by clicking the country pin on the map.
- Also, you can view the countries listed in the list view, located on the left side of the screen.
- If you are still not connected to any server locations, then the connection wizard will appear.
- The connection wizard will pop-up the message that recommends for you, depending on your needs.
- You can also search the specific location servers in the Search box if you have not found your destinated server. Simply search the server or category from the search box.
- In the Servers tab, you can find each specific server that we offer, neatly organized into categories and countries.
- You can expand the category like “Double VPN” where the specific country servers are shown with the percentage next to it. It denotes the current load of the server. According to the percentage, most people connects to the higher percentage. You can also see the distance from the server that makes you connect faster and decreases your load time.
- If you want to connect to the specific server, click Connect now button in the sidebar. Once connected, the sidebar will display the current amount of traffic transmitted. You can also note that the top of the app also indicates that you are connected by sliding the Quick Connect button to the right side, and also displaying an appropriate status.
- Add server to your favorite list by clicking the heart symbol.
- Your favorite servers will appear in their own category, called My Favorite Servers. You can connect to them like any other server.
- Finally, you can configure the application to the Settings that you need.
If you want to alter the default settings, follow this.
- Automatic Updates – enable this to automatically offer to update the application on startup. Enabled by default.
- Auto connect – Enable this to automatically connect to a server when the application starts. Disabled by default.
- Start NordVPN on startup – Enable this to start NordVPN when you start your computer. Enabled by default.
- Kill Switch – Enable this to terminate any applications you specify in the case of an unintended disconnection. Disabled by default.
- Notifications – Enable this to receive Windows notifications when you connect or disconnect from a server. Enabled by default.
- SmartPlay – Enable this to be able to stream any geo-blocked streaming service, no matter which server you are connected to. You can read more here: https://nordvpn.com/blog/introducing-smart-play-technology/
If you change this slider, remember to reconnect to a server! Disabled by default.
- Show Tray icon – Enable this to display the NordVPN icon in the Windows system tray, which is where Windows displays applications that are running in the background. Enabled by default.
- System of measurement – You can change the distance indicator between metric and imperial here. Imperial by default.
- Server List – Enable this to show the “Servers” tab in the menu. Enabled by default.
- Protocol – UDP is mainly used for online streaming and downloading. TCP is more reliable but a little slower than UDP and usually used for web browsing. UDP by default.
- DNS Leak Protection – additional method of DNS leak protection in Windows 10. Disabled by default.
In the sidebar on the left, you can also access your account details and the system log. The
- The logout button is also at the bottom.
If you close the application, it still runs in the background. It is visible in the system tray area which is at the bottom right corner of your screen.
To close the application, right click on that icon and click “Quit” to terminate.
Privacy and Security
You are safe with the NordVPN service where they keep neither usage nor session logs. The only data they collect from the user is an email address, usernames, and payment information. You can use anonymous email address and payment provider like Bitcoin in NordVPN.
In combination with Tor-over-VPN and double encryption options, even the most security-conscious users can feel thoroughly protected.
For those who mostly care about security, NordVPN recommends OpenVPN and IKEv2/IPsec encryption protocols.
It is the default option in NordVPN’s Windows and Android apps, using the military-grade 2048-bit SSL encryption.
If you want to set up OpenVPN, then you can do via OpenVPN GUI open source software. Follow the guide to set up.
Step 2: Also, download the config files for the OpenVPN GUI here.
Step 3: Then, go to C:/Program Files/OpenVPN/config and extract the config files.
Step 4: Now, go to C:/Program Files/OpenVPN/bin and then right click on openvpn-gui.exe and select “Run as administrator“.
Step 5: An icon with monitor and lock will appear on the bottom right corner of the screen which is at the tray.
Step 6: Then right click the icon and select a server. Finally, click connect with that server.
Step 7: You are done. Now, you can able to connect to the VPN server via OpenVPN protocol.
It is the latest addition to the company’s security protocol family, set as default for iOS and Mac OS apps. It uses 3072-bit encryption and the Perfect Forward Secrecy system, which generates a unique private encryption key for each session.
Connect your NordVPN servers on Windows using IKEv2 protocol. Read the guide below for more info.
Step 1: Go to https://downloads.nordvpn.com/certificates/root.der and download the NordVPN IKEv2 certificate.
Step 2: Then, open the root.der file.
Step 3: Click “Open”.
Step 4: A new pop-up windows will appear, where you need to click “Install certificate” to get started.
Step 5: Then, select “Local Machine” and click Next.
Step 6: Select “Place all certificates in the following store”, and click “Browse.”
Step 7: Select “Trusted Root Certification Authorities”, and click OK, and click “Next”.
Step 8: Click “Finish”.
Step 9: Click “OK” on both windows.
Step 10: Right click on the Windows icon and click Control Panel.
Step 11: Open Network and the Internet.
Step 12: Click on Network and Sharing Center.
Step 13: Tap Setup a new connection or network.
Step 14: Click Connect to a workplace and click Next.
Step 15: If you are asked “Do you want to use a connection that you already have?”, select “No, create a new connection” and then push Next.
Step 16: Click Use my Internet connection (VPN).
Step 17: Enter de74.nordvpn.com (Or any of our servers you wish to use – you can find all of our servers here: https://nordvpn.com/servers/) into Internet Address and Germany#74 server(Or any other name you wish) into Destination name and push Create.
Step 18: Open Network and sharing center again and click Change adapter settings.
Step 19: Open the properties dialog of Germany#74 adapter and show Security tab.
Step 20: Enter the following:
Type of VPN: IKEv2
Data encryption: Require encryption (disconnect if server declines)
Authentication: Use Extensible Authentication Protocol(EAP) and EAP-MSCHAPv2
And click OK.
Step 21: Click OK
Step 22: Move the cursor to the right corner of your screen and click the Network icon and click on Germany#74 server.
Step 23: Select Germany#74 sever and click Connect.
Step 24: In the Sign in dialog, enter your NordVPN credentials.
Windows users may find the SSTP protocol the most stable, but it hasn’t been independently audited and is, therefore, advisable to use at your own risk. The PPTP and L2TP/IPSec protocols are older and far less secure, so they should be used only when security is not the primary concern or when the newer protocols are not supported on older hardware.
The NordVPN service also prevents unencrypted queries from DNS servers with a special DNS leak resolver tool, which makes sure all queries are secure and protected.